Are you passionate about equitable global health solutions? Are you driven to make change in our world? Consider participating in Heights4Health in Spring 2021!
This unique hackathon facilitates the development of interdisciplinary, innovative solutions to pressing global health issues that are impacting people all over the world. Students of a variety of expertise will form groups of 4-5 and work to design extraordinary, creative, and complex solutions that will be judged by a panel of experts. The most impactful solutions at the end of the event will receive prizes that aim to slingshot these solutions into a reality. Apart from solution development, students will additionally have the opportunity to skill-build at workshops, learn from experts in the field, network with professionals, and more!
EHI encourages teams to take their projects to the next level through direct mentorship with key experts where their ideas can be fleshed out and put into action or where they can receive opportunities to be featured in upcoming global health conferences or fairs.
This is a fully online experience in which participants...
(1) Learn about the topic at hand and how it is impacting people all over the world.
(2) Develop new and existing skills at various digital workshops.
(3) Design solutions and prototypes with team members of diverse expertise and backgrounds.
(4) Participate in various mini-events such as trivia tournaments, multiplayer online gaming, etc.
(5) Network with professionals and learn about possible global health opportunities post-baccalaureate.
Date of Event: Apr 16-18 2021
Heights4Health applications are OUT!
Grand Prize: Men and Women for Others
- Most effectively identifies and explains specific topic of choice in a complete, distinct manner
- Offers the most realistic and tangible solution to the identified topic of choice
- Most effectively displays technological expertise in the form of an app, website, or other platform of choice
- Demonstrates the highest level of concern for the community most affected through a holistic and inclusive approach to a solution
- Shows a large degree of creativity, as well as a multifaceted approach to the solution, evident of each group member’s strengths and skillsets
Technology Prize: Ever to Excel
- Proficiency of languages, libraries, and other technologies used in development
- Application/website is easy to navigate and offers an engaging user experience
- Application/website serves a purpose to combat the issue being addressed and contains extensive information for users to reference
Social Justice Prize: AMDG (“for the greater glory of God”)
- Project solution is easily accessible by the community it is meant to serve
- Project platform of application/website demonstrates commitment to serving the needs of marginalized communities
- Shows strong interdisciplinary initiatives in the final submission