This is a fully online experience in which participants... (1) Learn about the topic at hand and how it is impacting people all over the world. (2) Develop new and existing skills at various digital workshops. (3) Design solutions and prototypes with team members of diverse expertise and backgrounds. (4) Participate in various mini-events such as trivia tournaments, multiplayer online gaming, etc. (5) Network with professionals and learn about possible global health opportunities post-baccalaureate.
Date of Event: Apr 16-18 2021
Heights4Health applications are OUT!
- Most effectively identifies and explains specific topic of choice in a complete, distinct manner
- Offers the most realistic and tangible solution to the identified topic of choice
- Most effectively displays technological expertise in the form of an app, website, or other platform of choice
- Demonstrates the highest level of concern for the community most affected through a holistic and inclusive approach to a solution
- Shows a large degree of creativity, as well as a multifaceted approach to the solution, evident of each group member’s strengths and skillsets
Technology Prize: Ever to Excel
- Proficiency of languages, libraries, and other technologies used in development
- Application/website is easy to navigate and offers an engaging user experience
- Application/website serves a purpose to combat the issue being addressed and contains extensive information for users to reference
Social Justice Prize: AMDG (“for the greater glory of God”)
- Project solution is easily accessible by the community it is meant to serve
- Project platform of application/website demonstrates commitment to serving the needs of marginalized communities
- Shows strong interdisciplinary initiatives in the final submission